Wednesday, October 2, 2024

Geocaching in September 2024

My eldest son Jeff stopped by for a visit on Sept. 12-13, 2024.  Jeff and I went Geocaching around the Portland area on Friday the 13th.  We had lunch on the outdoor patio at McMenamins Rock Creek.  I found a couple Virtuals.

I found two Virtuals on Thursday, Sept. 19.  I enjoyed the live Harp Music at Leach Botanical Garden.  I had a late lunch at Starbucks in Lake Oswego.  I found two Virtuals on Friday, Sept. 20.  I had a dish of Peach Ice-cream at a nearby Brewery.  I was trapped at a train crossing off Water Avenue for 20 minutes on the way home.  I rode MAX Light Rail into Portland where I found two Virtuals along the MAX Light Rail lines on Saturday, Sept. 21. 

My son Christopher and I went to the Bend Oregon Cache Machine September 28-30.  We had separate hotel rooms as I was unable to get a separate bedroom suite. The weather was perfect.  I will be a happy person if I never encounter another traffic circle the rest of my life!  Bend even had a traffic circle in the high desert.  

I found three Virtuals: Wagon Road, Riley Ranch and The One and Only (Blockbuster Video Store).  I found 15 State Capitals Challenge cache and a few other caches. Christopher found many more caches than I did.  I was deeply disappointed in the Cache Machine Dinner on Saturday evening.  I did have a nice conversation with four women cachers.  We traveled home on Monday afternoon via Detroit/Salem.

No comments: