Wednesday, October 2, 2024

Road Scholar has changed but not for the better

In 1997 I began traveling with Elderhostel, a learning program. You had to be 55+ Years to travel the World with them.  The programs were geared toward older adults.  A few people traveled with canes, Sport Seats and Walkers.  The programs were fairly demanding but we all coped.  

Then Elderhostel became known as Road Scholar.  The age limit was dropped.  Younger people expected the programs to be physically challenging.  I am being encouraged this year by Road Scholar to sign up for less physically demanding programs: "Easy Going" which means less activity and more lectures. 

I basically need Road Scholar to supply the hotel, the meals and transportation so I can Geocache, host Geocaching Events and visit with Geocachers.  And a safe environment so I can still travel.

No comments: