Saturday, June 30, 2007

The Oregon Trail Journal


June 11 -- I traveled First Class using my frequent flyer miles from Portland, OR to Phoenix, AZ and on to Kansas City, MO via U.S. Airways. The flight was delayed in Portland for a half hour due to mechanical problems. I was able to find a motorized cart to take me quickly to my connecting flight in the Phoenix airport. No food on either flight – just snacks and drinks.

I took a photograph of the Red & White oval shaped tank (Benchmark: KE1427) at the Kansas City International Airport. It looked quite small. I was really surprised when it was just across the freeway from my hotel room on the 7th floor at the Radisson Hotel Kansas City Airport. I saw the red obstruction light atop the tank tonight.

The chain on my favorite sand dollar necklace broke at the end when I boarded the hotel shuttle. I was able to put it back together by latching the last chain into the hook but it should have been a sign of events to come.

I had a BBQ Beef Sandwich with Cole Slaw for an early dinner at Tanners Bar & Grill at Four Points by Sheraton next door. I was exhausted. It had been a long day beginning at 2:30 am (PDT). The weather was muggy and stormy.

No comments: