Thursday, October 30, 2008

Afternoon Tea at Myrtle's Tea House, Ridgefield, Washington



I had afternoon tea at Myrtle’s Tea House at 112 S. Main Avenue in Ridgefield, Washington yesterday, October 29, 2008 about 11:30am. The Tea House, formerly the Ridgefield Library, had lovely décor. I had a corner table so I did not feel crowded as the customers came pouring in. I even had bit of a view out of the front window. I forgot to request that my pot of Earl Grey tea with bergamot be served with my first course, peach sorbet, rather than when I sat down so the tea was lukewarm by dessert time. I had dainty tea sandwiches, a bowl of tomato soup and a bit of fresh fruit followed by a scone and desserts. Although the scone was good I prefer the traditional scone that looks like a tall biscuit. Reservations are a good idea. I just got lucky. Afterwards I went to the gift shop to pay my bill plus tip and browse the gifts. Tearoom hours are 11:30am to 3:00pm Wednesday through Saturday. Contact: 360 887-9018.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog is now in my Google reader!! Thank you for this review. My daughter and I are looking to go there soon.

And if you ever find Rose Red, let me know. I thought the book was real, until it started to get very strange. I did an internet search back in the day and found out it was fiction . . . . Steven King got me on that one - lol.