Saturday, November 15, 2008

Afternoon Tea at The Heathman, Portland, Oregon


I traveled by car to Delta Park and then via MAX light rail to Pioneer Square in downtown Portland. I walked a few blocks to The Heathman. I had afternoon tea in the historic tea court at a table where I could see the fire in the fireplace. Afternoon Tea at The Heathman is a long standing tradition in Portland, especially during the holiday season.

I chose Earl Grey tea with bergamot (do not like Earl Grey with lavender). I had four sandwiches, deviled egg, Heathman scone with mascarpone, banana bread, and five desserts. I especially liked the classic cucumber sandwich, the Heathman scone and the Banana Bread. I was taken back when I received the bill. The price had risen from $28.50 per person (listed on the menu card) to $32.00 per person!! I had a $10.00 coupon which I received at the Washington Square Macy's Tea/China Dishes Presentation a couple months ago.

After the tea I wandered around The Heathman lobby and mezzanine looking at the glass art and the artwork. I was especially impressed with the library on the mezzanine. The glass cases held books of authors that have stayed at The Heathman over the years.

No comments: