Saturday, February 7, 2009

Portland Classical Chinese Garden and Old Town


I traveled on MAX light rail from Delta Park to the Rose Quarter where I transferred to the Blue Line. They were stringing the electric wires for the new Green Line so MAX trains were on different routes and buses were shuttling people.

I left MAX at Chinatown and walked two blocks west to the Chinese Garden. I watched the Lion Dance from the Painted Boat in Misty Rain. I had Emperors Gold tea and Five Treasure Come Knocking (a New Years treat) in the Tower of Cosmic Reflections. Afterwards I saw another Lion Dance and then Traditional Chinese Dances.

I went on a walking tour of part of Old Town. While the sun was warm the wind was cold so I left the rest of the Old Town walking tour for another day. I traveled on MAX light rail back to Delta Park where I left my car.

No comments: