Saturday, May 30, 2009

Attended the Willamette Stone - 150 Event


I had a great time at the Willamette Stone - Oregon 150 Event. About 10:00AM my #2 son, Christopher, and I walked downhill to the Willamette Stone. Stonework and three benches have been added since my last visit. Bill Glenn (PLS 609) gave a fascinating talk and Jeanne helped with the demonstration of the very early Young & Sons, Philadelphia solar compass. About 10:45 Christopher and I walked up the path to the parking area where we listened to the program until 11:40 when I took him to work. I returned for the rest of the program. I took photos of the three cakes -- a white cake, chocolate cake and a carrot cake -- with three different decorations. I had several interesting conversations with geocachers especially about the upcoming Grant County Geocoin Challenge.

No comments: