Monday, January 11, 2010

"Rivertracks" GC6



On Sunday, January 10th, my #2 son, Christopher, and I went to Camas to check on the cache for "Key to Lacamas" and replace the ziplock bag for the "Key to Heritage Park." It was bitterly cold and windy as we drove east on Hwy 14 into the Columbia River Gorge. The wind was so strong that there were whitecaps as well as waves along the shore.

We found “Rivertracks” GC6. Dave Ulmer placed GC6 on May 9, 2000 six days after the Original Cache was placed in Oregon. We found the black five-gallon bucket cache but the lid was missing and it was filled with water. I took a photo of Christopher taking a photo of the black bucket cache.

We stopped at Skamania Lodge to use the restrooms and get a hot drink. I was disappointed to find that the great room was closed for floor maintenance and no fire in the huge rock fireplace. I had a cup of hot cider. We logged “Rivertracks II’ cache for approval and did some brief research on other early caches.

We crossed the Columbia River at the Bridge of the Gods. We found the cache at “Cascade Locks At Rest.” It was so bitterly cold I wrapped a small sports blanket around my head and shoulders to search for the cache. We drove back to Vancouver along I-84 and Hwy 14. Vancouver was not as windy as the gorge. It was 47 degrees.

2 comments:

Deep's said...

great post

www.chemoils.tk

dustin said...

the lid was there actually, just buried under needles..