Friday, July 23, 2010

Geocaching for six DeLorme Pages


My #2 son, Christopher, and I left Portland at 7:00AM yesterday morning. We drove south of Corvallis on I-5 where we turned east on Hwy 228 almost to Hoodoo Ski Bowl, then north to Idanha on Hwy 22 and then northwest on Hwy 22 through Stayton to Salem, and the north back home to Portland and Vancouver. Christopher got home about 8:00PM and I got home about 9:00PM as I stopped by my daughter, Catherine's house to have a piece of her Happy Birthday cake.

Our three favorite caches were "Rocky Road" - The Living Rock Studio in Brownsville, the cache at Crawfordsville Bridge, and "The Tasty Ol' Soda Springs." We were deeply disappointed in "An East Linn History Lesson" - we were there on a Thursday about 11:30AM but it was not open; "Cash in Trash Out!" (DNF), keller cache" (DNF) and "Historic Stayton: The Brown House." "Welcome to Gates" was a physically challenging cache.

No comments: