Saturday, October 8, 2011

Regal Cinema and Late Lunch at Nordstrom Cafe







I attended the 12:25pm showing of "The Hedgehog" at the movie theater in downtown Portland. Cast: Josiane Balasko, Garance Le Guillermic, Togo Igawa, Anne Brochet, Ariane Ascaride. The movie was even better than the novel "The Elegance of the Hedgehog" by Muriel Barbery. Usually a novel is so much better.

Afterwards I went to Nordstom Cafe to have a late lunch. I like sitting at a table along the large window with a view of Pioneer Courthouse Square - Portland's living room. I have seen the view dozens of times. I thought that I would search for three things that I had not noticed before. I saw water flowing in the trough on top of a brick wall, two enormous umbrellas and a brass directional marker.

I purchased a small package of shortbread cookies at Starbucks for dessert. I took a couple photos of the Nordstom cafe window - a closeup and a far shot - before boarding the MAX train north.

No comments: