Friday, April 6, 2012

Canadian Money Saga


I went to First Independent in downtown Vancouver to get $35.00 Canadian Money. First Indy wanted $15 to order the money. They recommended I go to Pioneer Courthouse Square Visitor Info or the Airport. Since I was taking a bus or train to Vancouver BC I had no reason to pick up money at the Airport so I rode MAX to Pioneer Courthouse Square. The Info Center did not change money. They recommended I go across the street to Wells Fargo. Wells Fargo said they would charge a $5.00 fee for the $35.00 however if I had an account there would be no charge for the money exchange. So I deposited $100.00 in a new account. I got seven $5.00 Canadian bills. And daily Wells Fargo e-mails which I finally blocked. Now I just have to figure out a way to get some coins. Buy a candy bar or pack of gum at the Vancouver BC hotel gift shop?

No comments: