Sunday, April 3, 2016

A day of Caching in the sunshine, Saturday, April 2nd

I drove my son, Christopher, to north on I-5 to Chehalis early this morning, April 2, 2016.  He is the pianist for the Scandia Singers in Portland, Oregon.  The Portland Scandia Singer were meeting with the Seattle Singers for a full day of rehearsal.  Christopher and I stopped for breakfast at McDonalds in Kelso, Washington.  I dropped him off at Westminster Presbyterian Church in Chehalis at 8:45 and headed out for a full day of caching.  And a beautiful day it was after months of rain. 

I found SC0210 benchmark at the 1935 Lewis County Courthouse.  I walked across the street to find Rock Around the Clock.  I drove to the Terminal for the Excursion Train to do The Terminal (A Walk Into the Past).  I could not find one of the coordinate numbers as I think they switched the yellow cabooses.  I had help finding the cache.  I met Echo ohcE.  I drove to the next cache - No Train Here - where I met verbumsap, a charter member of Geocaching.  I drove to the far corner of Walmart where I found the next cache - Just adding to the FUN.   The cache was a cute birdhouse with black bison tube.  I drove to a place that had a lot of brightly painted cows.  I was just about to give up finding the cache when a cacher - elbowgrease -  walked up.  We had help shortly from a salesman as they had moved the cache so Geomuggles would not disturb it.  I found Wallee Whirled.  Cache didn't make a lot of sense.  I turned off incorrectly twice on a turnaround - I hate those things - and finally settled on cutting across the parking area.  I wanted to go to Subway but ended up eating late lunch at Starbucks.  Leaving Starbucks I admired the Cocker Spaniel of a family setting at a patio table.  Turned out their name was also Wilson and the son was named Chris.  I talked awhile about Geocaching and my travels. 

I picked up Christopher at 4:30.  We drove to Centralia so he could find Goblindust's incredible cache - Johnny Islands Throne Room.  I had already found it a couple years ago.  I took a couple photos of nearby animals that I later posted.  We drove south on I-5 to Kelso so we could cross the Longview Bridge to Hwy 30.  We stopped in Rainier, Washington to find a large cache - The Gingerbread House.  We stopped for delicious pizza and drinks at Fultanos.  We got home about 9:15PM.  Very relaxing, fun day!

No comments: