Thursday, June 21, 2018

At the Oregon Beach

Yesterday I went to Seaside, Oregon with the Marshall Center Senior Group.  The vans parked near the new Seaside Convention Center.  I walked five blocks to the Seaside Visitor Center to find the Geocache. 

I walked across the street to have lunch at Seaside Brewing. I had a green salad, cup of clam chowder with oyster crackers and three samplers of their beer: Vanilla Cream (my favorite), Marionberry Hefe and IPA.  Great ambiance.  Mighty tasty food.  I wandered west down Broadway.

I bought a book at Rust & Dust Vintage called "Duel in the Sun" by Niven Busch c. 1944 for $3.00.  It was made into a 1946 Western film starring Gregory Peck, Jennifer Jones, and Joseph Cotten. 

I bought a cup of Marionberry icecream.  A single scoop but very large.  I sat on the black and white cow bench at the front of the store and people watched.   I saw a woman walk by carrying a young hysterical girl.

I continued walking west on Broadway.  I briefly watched the bumper cars.  Great fun.  I walked to the turnaround to watch the ocean.  It would have been lovely except for the family drama taking place at the end of the bench.  About 20 minutes after I sat down the woman with the young hysterical girl showed up.  What are the odds.  Hundreds and hundreds of people were at Seaside and I get the one bench with the young hysterical girl.  Family made a fuss over her.  I wandered off shortly to look at the colorful front yard flower gardens and return to the vans.

Marshall Center Senior Group left at 3:00pm, returning to Vancouver via Astoria and the Longview Bridge.  Great trip!

No comments: