Saturday, February 29, 2020

Trip to Las Vegas February 24 to 28, 2020


Monday, Feb. 24, my daughter, Catherine, took me to PDX at 5:00am.  I checked my suitcase.  I had breakfast in the Alaska Lounge from 5:40 to flight boarding time.  Flight 1786 left for LAS at 07:30 AM arriving at 9:32 AM.  I got my suitcase and walked to Passenger pickup.  My sister, Jeanette, picked me up.  While she ran an errand I settled in the guest bedroom at her house and then took a nap as I didn’t get much sleep last night.  

We drove out to Stonehenge (Seven Magic Mountains) where I got some photos about 4:15.  I walked down the nearby rocky road to find the Virtual: "Many Years Ago".  We had dinner at California Pizza Kitchen at 6:30.  Very good pizza!

Tuesday, Feb. 25 - I did the Virtuals "Hopeful and Broken Hearted" about noon and "Luscious" at 12:15 PM. We had chocolate dipped strawberries and chocolate cupcakes at Ethel M Chocolates after we explored the cactus garden. We saw "The Call of the Wild" at a movie theatre. It is definitely not a children's movie!  We had dinner at P.F.Chang's China Bistro at 5:30 PM in Henderson.  I watched a DVD movie - "Pelican Brief" - this evening.

Wednesday, Feb. 26 - We took a one hour tour at 10:00 AM of the LAS7 - Amazon Fulfillment Center in North Las Vegas. We saw what happens after you click 'buy' on Amazon by touring one of their fulfillment centers and seeing first-hand how Amazon delivers for their customers.  Afterwards I got an Amazon model airplane for taking the tour.  We visited Jeanette's daughter about 1:30 PM.  We purchased dinner at Panda Express #2417 about 7:00 to take back to the house.  We watched the DVD "The Age of Adaline".

Thursday, Feb. 27 - We went to Costco where we had "lunch".  I had a hot dog and a vanilla ice cream with strawberry sundae.  The hot dog was mighty tasty.  I found "The Hare and the Tortoise" in The Willows park in Summerlin South about 3:45 PM.  We saw the movie "1917".  Excellent film!  I had a scrambled egg and the last of Chow Mein noodles for a light dinner.

Friday, Feb. 28 - Jeanette dropped me off at Terminal 3 around 7:30 AM.  I checked my suitcase for the first time at the curb.  I got "breakfast" at 8:30 at Starbucks of a Blueberry Yogurt Parfait and a Cinnamon Bun at 8:30.  I took the train to D Gate to find the Virtual "Welcome to Las Vegas".  I took the train and walked to Gate E 11.  The plane was a half hour late leaving around 11:00 AM and arriving PDX about 1:21 PM.  I rode two MAX Light Rail Trains and a CTran bus to downtown where Catherine picked me up.  It was a great trip but good to be home!

No comments: