Friday, April 25, 2008

Saturday, April 19 -- Vacation Day 9


I read a novel in the glass enclosed sun room overlooking the Blue Ridge Mountains until lunch. Catherine was ill so she stayed at the house.

My son, daughter-in-law and I went geocaching. We went to Mint Springs Valley Park where we followed the Upper Lake Trail to the cache. They hiked up further on the trail to find another cache so I walked back on a different path. I found "Sole Survivor" (Virtual Cache) nearby at the memorial for the Piedmont Airline Flight 349 Crash.

We went to a community college in Charlottesville where we found the Claudius Crozet Cache. We stopped for treats at Dairy Queen. We drove to Waynesboro where I got photos and coordinates for a Cracker Barrel Restaurant Waymark. We stopped at Wal-Mart at 5:30 PM where we got a few groceries. We drove back along the Blue Ridge Parkway. Incredible scenery!

No comments: