Friday, October 23, 2009

GSA & IAFI, Tuesday, October 20, 2009


On Tuesday, October 20, 2009 I manned the Lower Columbia Chapter of the Ice Age Floods Institute (IAFI) booth at The Geological Society of America (GSA) Annual Meeting & Exposition in the Convention Center in Portland, Oregon from 9:00am to 1:30pm. I met a lot of interesting people. After my stint I wandered around the auditorium looking at the various exhibits. There was a book for sale that intrigued me – “Stories in Stone” by David B. Williams.

That evening I attended a lecture at the Museum of the Oregon Territory, 211 Tumwater Drive in Oregon City. The Lower Columbia Chapter of the Ice Age Floods Institute (IAFI), in conjunction with the Geological Society of America (GSA) Annual Meeting in Portland, Oregon, presented noted geologists and authors Bruce Bjornstad "On the Trail of the Ice Age Floods" and Bob Carson "Where the Great River Bends." Bjornstad has created several challenging Geocaches and an Earthcache (pp. 135-137). The view from the large museum windows of Willamette Falls is spectacular. I was so exhausted I kept dozing off!!

No comments: