Monday, January 31, 2011

Discover Roseburg Geocoin Challenge 2011


I left early Friday morning, January 28, 2011, driving south from Vancouver, Washington on I-205/I-5 to attend the Discover Roseburg Geocoin Challenge (5 caches and 15 virtuals) to be held the next day. I found several caches along the way. In Roseburg I purchased a tank of gas at a Shell Station (10 cents off with Fred Meyer card), bought two dinners at Albertsons deli and stayed two nights at the Sleep In which came with a Continental Breakfast.

I really like the Garmin Nuvi 1450 which I purchased a couple months ago. I would never have been able to complete the Geocoin challenge without it. I also purchased a 10" Toshiba NB 305 a couple weeks ago for under $300 which has been great for logging caches/benchmarks/event.

It was interesting exploring Roseburg. The streets are clearly marked which was a great help! I finished the Discover Roseburg Geocoin Challenge at 2:50PM -- 10 minutes before the Raffle. I won a blue Ammo can. It was a great Event with a stunning Geocoin!

I found a few more caches in Roseburg and a couple on the way home on Sunday. I waymarked an erratic that I found at University of Oregon campus. It was dark and raining by the time that I got back home.

No comments: