Sunday, February 12, 2012

Afternoon Tea at Tea Thyme and Lavender and St. Mary of Oregon




When I visited the Tea Thyme and Lavender Tea Room in Beaverton yesterday afternoon I sat at a red and gold retro style table at the front of the shop. I had carrot soup with french bread and butter followed by a lavender scone with creme fraiche and three kinds of jam: cherry/pomegranate, marionberry and apricot. I had lemon gateau, chocolate dipped cookie, chocolate covered raisins and a French chocolate for dessert. And, of course, a pot of herbal tea.

This afternoon I had Valentine Afternoon Tea at Sisters of St. Mary of Oregon at the Motherhouse in Beaverton. It was the 10th Anniversary Afternoon Tea. I had Earl Grey Tea. The First Tea Plate was Orange Filbert Scones with Devonshire Cream and Raspberry Preserves. The Second Tea Plate was Cucumber Rounds, Ham and Pineapple in Swiss Cheese Puff and Curry Almond Chicken Salad Sandwich with purple grapes. The Third Tea Plate was Biscotti, Red Velvet Cupcake with Cream Cheese Frosting and Rum Balls. I did not like the Rum Balls though. There was entertainment: a Monologue and Musicians. I won a hand crafted Yellow Rose Bookmark in the raffle. Most enjoyable afternoon!

No comments: