Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Geocaching Virtuals vs Challenges


I really like Geocaching Virtuals. I have tried for years to get Groundspeak to bring back Virtuals. Well, they created Geocaching Challenges instead.

I have a couple issues with Challenges. You get Geocaching credit for Virtuals but you do not get Geocaching credit for Challenges. The text for my Peace Candle Waymark was plagiarized word for word by a cacher for his/her Challenge. I found 10+ Oregon Covered Bridges to complete a Challenge only to find that the Category was archived shortly afterward: http://www.geocaching.com/challenges/CX1E2E_Covered_Bridges_of_Oregon. As time goes by I am sure that I will have other issues with Geocaching Challenges.

Waymarking is a failure and so is Challenges. Just bring back Virtuals!

No comments: