Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Monday, March 26, 2012




On Monday afternoon, March 26, I drove to Delta Park and rode the MAX trains to Chinatown. I purchased a season pass to the Portland Classical Chinese Garden, Lan Su Yuan, Garden of the Awakening Orchids, NW Third & Everett. This 40,000-square-foot (one full city block) walled garden is the largest classical Suzhou-style (Ming Dynasty) garden outside of China.

After a brief walk-around I entered the two-story authentic Teahouse in the Tower of Cosmic Reflections and climbed the stairs to the second floor. I sat, relaxed, and enjoyed Emperors Gold Tea and two kinds of cookies - four Almond and three Pecan - while gazing into the Garden and soaking in the warm sunshine. I read a bit of a novel "The Hunger Games". I enjoyed the live music drifting up from the first floor of the teahouse.

I saved a couple cookies to have later. I caught the MAX train back to Delta Park and drove home. That evening I went to the Regal City Center Theater to see "The Hunger Games". It was well done but longer scenes in the novel were compressed and the ending was a bit different. When I got home I finished reading the novel.

No comments: