Saturday, July 14, 2012

Sandy, Oregon Geocoin Challenge 2012

My daughter, Catherine,  and I went geocaching in the Sandy Oregon area yesterday.  We found five required caches and five optional caches.  We purchased donuts mid-morning which we ate in the nearby park.  We picked up our Geocoins at the Sandy Chamber of Commerce.

We had Afternoon Tea at Chariteas.  I got a pot of Earl Grey and Catherine got Darjeeling.  I really prefer the Darjeeling.  We found five more caches and went on a very long drive in the countryside.   We stopped to hunt for a cache with a high difficulty rating and a fairly high terrain rating.  We found white bleached bones along the side of the road behind my car.  A little further down the hillside were more bones.  And then we found a skull behind a log.  It was definitely time to beat a retreat! 






No comments: