Friday, October 12, 2018

Hood River Valley Harvest Fest


After breakfast I drove to Marshall Community Center two miles from my house.  I went on a Senior Trip to Hood River for the 36th Annual Hood River Valley Fest.  We stopped at McDonalds on the way for a break.  We stopped at a clothing shop in downtown Hood River.  I sat outside on an Adirondack chair with the sun at my back.  

We entered the HRV Fest at 1:00 PM.  I sampled some cheese and had a couple large, delicious dates.  I walked each row of vendors twice.  After an hour I decided that I had been there, done that.  

I walked a few blocks west to find lunch.  I ended up at Ferment Brewing Company at their 2nd floor restaurant at 403 Portway Ave.  I sat at the end of a long table by the window where I could watch the lone windsurfer on the windy Columbia River as well as enjoy the scenery.   I had a delicious FBC Burger and Assam Tea.  No fries.  I sat there for a couple hours enjoying the view and reading an article in a Gorge magazine.  Then it was time to wander back to the van.  

We traveled to Cascade Locks on I-84.  We stopped at a restaurant for dessert.  I sat at one of the tables near the windows and enjoyed the view.  No dessert for me.  Time to cross the Bridge of the Gods and travel west on Washington State Hwy 14.  We arrived in Vancouver about 6:15.  I traveled home.  Very enjoyable day. 

No comments: