Saturday, November 23, 2019

Geocaching Milestone: 300th Virtual

I traveled by Amtrak to Tacoma.  I got a lift from two women to within a couple blocks of the Union Station.  I rode the streetcar to the end of the line and then walked a couple blocks to McMenamins.  I got all of the Passport stamps.  I got a silver thermos as the prize.  I had a delicious lunch at their Spanish Bar, right off the Spanish Steps.

I walked a couple blocks to catch the streetcar back to Union Station.  I walked to the Bridge of Glass to take a couple photos.  My IPhone shut down.  Argh.  I walked back to the Streetcar stop.  I purchased a book at the University Bookstore - "the Summer House" by Santa Montefiore.  I had shortbread cookies and a small Earl Grey tea at Starbucks while I charged my IPhone.  I walked back to the Bridge of Glass where I asked a couple to take my photo with my IPhone.  I found my 300th Virtual - The Art of Tacoma: Bridge of Glass.

I walked down to the Museum of Glass where I looked through the Museum Shop.  I chatted with Ruby, the Frontline Representative, about Glassblowing, Glassblowers and Geocaching. I walked back to the Streetcar stop about 5:00pm where I rode the Streetcar to the end of the line (Theatre District) and then rode it to the other end of the line (Tacoma Dome).  I walked west a block where I got a Taxi to the Amtrak depot.  I caught the southbound train back to Vancouver.  I had planned to do a little more Geocaching but it was chilly and windy. 

No comments: