Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Missoula Ice Age Flood Trip -- Day 6


Wednesday, August 6 – After breakfast at the hotel, we traveled northwest to view the ripple marks at Crescent Bar on the Columbia River. We saw the steel horses on the hillside and Sentinel Gap from an overlook near the Vantage Bridge. We drove by Potholes Reservoir over the O’Sullivan Dam. We stopped at Frenchman Springs Coulee. We saw basalt feathers along the old Vantage Road. After checking into my hotel room in Walla Walla, I went on the “Downtown Historic Trail” and located benchmarks. Afterwards I purchased “dinner” at a deli across from the hotel, Best Western Walla Walla Suites Inn, of a sandwich w/pickle, BBQ potato chips, apple juice and Hershey almond bar which I ate in my hotel room while watching television.

No comments: