Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Missoula Ice Age Flood Trip -- Day 7


Thursday, August 7 – After the hotel breakfast, we continued the ancient path of the Missoula Ice Age Floods. We climbed the Twin Sisters (Two Sisters Legend). I also got photos of Wallula Gap. As we traveled back toward Spokane, we stopped at a little known Lewis & Clark campsite. We traveled through Waitsburg where we saw the outline of the Jolly Green Giant on a hillside. We had a delicious lunch at the Weinhard Café in Dayton.

I photographed the historic Dayton Train Station (where I signed the visitor log book) and the UP yellow caboose with the red/orange trim. We traveled through Snake River and Palouse country. We saw the train bridge and the sand bar at Lyons Ferry, Palouse Falls and the Basalt Needles, and the Elongated Loess Island. We had a Farewell Dinner but I left afterwards to look for the cache again for Trevor’s Tourist Trap #1 geocache (GC17C5G).

After making another long hike from the Red Lion River Inn across Riverfront Park, watching a skunk crawl into the base of the cache site and being frustrated that I could not continue my search, and trying for about an hour to locate a computer in downtown (the library was closed and I could not find an Internet Cafe) and finally ending up at the Business Office of the Davenport Hotel so I could contact Trevor, I felt that I had the right to claim "Found It."

No comments: