Sunday, October 17, 2010

"Glass Art in the Northwest" - Day 3



On Tuesday, October 12th, we visited Olympic Color Rods that sells premiere glass colors and all essential glass blowing supplies to glassmakers from all over the country. We were unable to visit Dale Chihuly’s studio in Ballard after all however we visited two glass artists at their studios: Martin Blank and Preston Singletary. I saw Preston Singletary’s glass art a couple years ago at the William Traver Gallery here in Seattle. I was quite impressed with his blown and sandblasted glass bowls.

We had lunch at Racha. The coconut ice cream was delicious! Afterwards we traveled by yellow school bus to the Seattle Art Museum. This was my first visit to the new wing. We saw the Picasso exhibit which I had seen in Paris at the Musee Picasso a few years ago. Afterwards I wandered through the museum looking at the other exhibits. I found a comfortable chair in front of a video set and took a short nap. I stopped at the Seattle Public Library to check my e-mail. I purchased a book reading yellow duckie. We had dinner at the Red Lion hotel at 6:00. Afterwards we watched a video – “Chihuly and the Masters of Venice.”

No comments: