Sunday, October 17, 2010

"Glass Art in the Northwest" - Day 6


On Friday, October 15th, we viewed a film made in 1962 about the construction of the Space Needle. We rode the monorail to the Seattle Center where we rode the elevator to the top of the Space Needle for a view of the city. Mount Rainier did not make an appearance unfortunately. I located and photographed the Seattle Sacred Heart Church which is a benchmark. I also photographed the labyrinth and the Experience Music Project (EMP).

Afterwards I wandered over to Starbucks where I had a slice of frosted lemon loaf. I walked to the International Fountain where I found the geocache “Under the Needle.” The water was shooting high in the air accompanied by music.

I rode the bus to Fremont. I ate lunch at Starbucks. I walked over to Groundspeak Headquarters arriving at 2:00PM. I left a Geocoin, was given an HQ tag, and purchased two Geocoins – “10 Years Geo Caching” and “Lackeys 2010.” I took my picture in the photo machine. I put one four photo strip on the wall above the reception desk and took the other.

I rode the bus back to Seattle Center, rode the monorail to Westlake Center and then walked to the Red Lion hotel. I picked up my checked suitcase. I walked down to 3rd where I caught a bus to 5th & Jackson.

I got my Business Class seat assignment and checked my suitcase. I boarded the train at 5:00. I had a seatmate, Ann who worked for Bank of America. I told her about Geocaching and Benchmarking and showed my trip photos on the digital camera screen. I got a bowl of Ivar’s Clam Chowder from the Bistro car. I arrived at the Vancouver Amtrak Station about 8:45. It was a fun trip but it was good to be home.

No comments: