Sunday, October 17, 2010

"Glass Art in the Northwest" - Day 4



On Wednesday, October 13th, we had a guided tour of the Pilchuck Glass Collection at City Center, the Dale Chihuly chandeliers at Benaroya Hall and The William Travers Gallery. We also visited the Vetri Gallery around the corner.

I walked down to the waterfront to locate and photograph several NGS and USGS benchmarks as well as five National Ocean Service benchmarks. Afterwards I located the Parking Garage with its bright red neon sign "To The Market" near the Pike Place Trolley shelter. I took the garage elevator up to the upper level, walked to the street, turned right for a bit, crossed the street and took the Pike Place elevator located to the left of the stairs to the upper level of Pike Place Market. I had lunch across the street at Starbucks on 1st & Pike.

I went back down to the waterfront reversing the route that I had come up. I found a geocache at a well known sculpture. I walked to Pioneer Square where I found two benchmarks near Prefontaine Park.

I took a bus to Union Street and walked to the Red Lion where I dropped off some things in my hotel room. I walked north a couple blocks and rode the monorail to Seattle Center. I had planned to find a geocache at the International Fountain but there were too many Geomuggles and the benchmark, a gilded cross atop the Sacred Heart Church steeple, was outside the Seattle Center. I wandered around until I came across the Seattle Repertory Theater. I ended up getting a Rush ticket at 7:00PM to “God of Carnage” by French playwright Yasmina Reza who snagged a Tony Award for the play in June 2009. I had a great seat – Section 3, Row D, Seat 3. The play was hilarious!

I rode the monorail to downtown and walked the couple blocks to the hotel. I ate a late dinner at the Elephant & Castle Pub with vanilla ice cream topped with a drizzle of chocolate syrup.

No comments: