Sunday, May 13, 2012

Sunday, May 6, 2012 - PDX to LAS


I arrived at Portland International Airport a couple hours before my flight.  After going through security I purchased a cinnamon coffee cake and early grey tea from Starbucks, Concourse C about 7:45am.  I sat at a table near the windows watching the airport.

I caught the 9:25am Alaska Airlines Flight from Portland, OR (PDX) to Las Vegas (LAS) arriving about 11:30am.  We flew over Red Rock Canyon just before landing in Las Vegas McCarran International Airport.  I caught the shuttle to Harrah's.   It took me longer to get from the airport to my room than the flight from Portland to Las Vegas!

I purchased a sliced ham and provolone cheese on a pesto cheese focaccia and shortbread cookies from Starbucks in Harrah's lobby for a late lunch in my room.  I got the last room (1858) on the 18th floor in the Carnival Tower.  Great view of the mountains and the airport and a very quiet location.

Road Scholar check in was at 4:00pm, Orientation at 5:00pm (it would have been great to have quick introductions by each person - name, occupation and number of Elderhostels/Road Scholar programs attended) and Dinner Buffet at the hotel at 6:00pm.  Afterwards I watched the finale of "Amazing Race" in my hotel room.







No comments: