Monday, December 31, 2012

Clackamas Geocoin Challenge 2012

Yesterday my daughter, Catherine, my son, Christopher, and I did the Clackamas Geocoin Challenge along the Clackamas River.   I chose Blazingthrewthewoods "Chiller" gift at the GEOregon Holiday Party.  I put two cups of hot chocolate in the "Chiller" yesterday to take along with me.  It was a really chilly morning so it warmed me.  Catherine and I picked Christopher up at the church where he is the pianist.  We took him to his apartment near Portland State University so he could change his clothes and feed his cat.  We found 11 caches.  We did not find the last three caches as there was black ice on the road.  We turned in the forms at the Estacada Library to get our Geocoins.  We stopped at A&W/Taco Bell in Estacada to eat a late lunch.  I had a very weird Cheese Chili Dog.  We drove through Sandy on the way home, stopping at Joe's Donuts.  Never stop on a Sunday.  Very few donuts. It was a beautiful day for a drive.  The high temperature was a chilly 43 degrees with clear blue skies.  Once the sun started going down the temperature dropped.

No comments: