Friday, May 6, 2022

Weekend with Lorraine - near Charlottesville, VA

I had an Amtrak Roomette (free) from Penn Station, NY to Charlottesville, VA on Friday, April 22nd.  I left at 6:45 AM on Amtrak Train No. 51.  I had a Berry Trio Parfait,  Melon and Grapes Fruit Cup and  Banana Nut Loaf Big Piece from Starbucks for Brunch.  I arrived in Charlottesville about 1:43 PM.  Lorraine met me at the Train Depot.  We drove to her place on the crest of the hill, overlooking the Blue Ridge Mountains. 

On Saturday, April  23, we had a lovely Afternoon Tea at The Ploughcroft Tea Room in Lynchburg, VA.  We drove around Lynchburg for awhile as they were not serving Afternoon Tea until 2:15 PM.  Lynchburg is quite an historic town.  I was able to find a Virtual - "Vita Abundantior".  The Afternoon Tea was quite lovely.  I would definitely have Afternoon Tea there again.

On Sunday, April 24, we went to Trump Winery. A huge U.S. Stars and Stripes waved from the flagpole in front of the winery.  I have seen larger flags but it was definitely making a statement.  We shared a White Wine Flight and a Cheese and Charcuterie Board with three gourmet cheeses, two cured meats, accompaniments, and warm demi baguette.  I was not fond of the Jazz music that was playing from the overhead speakers but it was ok.  I found a Virtual on the way home: Nelson County Hurricane Camille Flood.  I bought a bottle of Sparkling Ice Water at the Blue Ridge Grocery at 6:30 PM.

I caught the Amtrak train early Monday morning, April 24, for Alexandria.  Lorraine and I said our goodbyes.  She packed a small box of treats for me.  I was seated in Business Class.  No seatmate.  Very relaxing.  I found two Virtuals during my visit with Lorraine.  The entire visit was delightful as always.

No comments: