Monday, August 20, 2007

Friday, August 10, 2007 -- Missoula Flood Trip


I attended the Elderhostel Ice Age Flood Program from August 12-17, 2007. On Friday, August 10, my daughter, Catherine, drove me from our home in Vancouver, Washington to the Delta Park MAX light rail station in North Portland, Oregon. I caught the MAX train about 7:30am to Old Town/Chinatown station. I walked eight blocks northwest to the Greyhound Station. I waited in line until about 10:30am (the bus departure was delayed). I was able to get a front seat. I saw several big horn sheep in a swale along I-84. I saw the Kennewick Bridge over the Snake River (see photo).

When I arrived in Spokane about 5:00pm, the hotel shuttle picked me up. I had a quiet room with a great view. I had dinner at the hotel's 4th Avenue Pizzaria. I went for a walk uphill to Cliff Park to locate a benchmark. It was just too much of a climb and it was getting late so I walked down the road between the Sacred Heart Medical Center buildings. I found a historic house built in the late 1800s and a lovely park with a waterfall. Back at the hotel, I watched television and wrote in my journal.

No comments: