Monday, August 20, 2007

Saturday, August 11, 2007 -- Missoula Flood Trip


Saturday, August 11, 2007 -- After breakfast, I took my suitcases down to the front desk for storage. I got a ride in the hotel shuttle to Cliff Park. I was not able to locate any of the benchmarks. I caught a bus to downtown. I did a self walking tour of the famous Davenport Hotel. I got the recipe for their delicious coffee cake. I took a photograph of the sit-by-me statue with Anthony who was visiting the hotel with his family. I did three Virtual Geocaches (GC8ACC)(GC8E72)(GC713C) and a benchmark after I had lunch at Nordstrom café.

I caught the city bus to downtown and walked uphill to the hotel. I retrieved my luggage and walked down to the Amtrak/Greyhound Station. The hotel shuttle picked me up. I had a room with a great view of the river, the city and the hills. I walked to the nearby Red Lion where I ate dinner on the terrace. Back at the hotel I watched a movie on television and wrote in my journal.

No comments: