Saturday, June 9, 2012

Saturday, June 9, 2012 - Vancouver BC to Vancouver WA

Christopher and I got up about 4:00am, dressed, packed our luggage, and checked out of the hotel.  We rode a Richmond Taxi from the hotel to the train station.  I paid the taxi driver $30.00 Canadian Money.  We were first in line for seat assignments in Business Class and to go through Customs.  We had seats on the water side.  The train was a bit late leaving the Vancouver Train Station.  Our tickets and passports were checked at the border.

I purchased a banana, coffee cake and apple juice for breakfast.  I read the Vancouver newspaper and Beryl Bainbridge's "Every Man for Himself" and took several naps.  I had a Margherita Sandwich and Diet Cola for lunch and Snickers bar for snack.  We were delayed in Tukwilla when a passenger had a medical emergency - a stroke or seizure.  We got into Portland about 3:30pm.  Paul met us at the train station.  We dropped Christopher off at his apartment and headed home.  Christopher gave me his long-stemmed rose that he was given at the performance.

No comments: