Saturday, June 9, 2012

Thursday, June 7, 2012 - Seattle to Vancouver BC

I got up early in the morning, got ready and checked out of the hotel.  I walked about three blocks to the bus stop in the light rain showers where I caught #124 to Union Station.  I traveled on Amtrak, leaving Seattle about 7:40am and arriving Vancouver BC about 11:40am.  I walked a couple blocks to the Skytrain.  I traveled on two Skytrain lines to Vancouver International Airport.

I had Afternoon Tea at the Fairmont Vancouver Airport.  The server brought in a selection of nine loose herbal and black teas for me to choose from.  The Earl Grey tea was just ok.  It was made in a tea press rather than a traditional ceramic tea pot.  The food was delicious but a bit parsimonious.  There was berry salad to cleanse the palate.  Next was a three tier server with sandwiches, scones with clotted cream and jam; and petit desserts.  The Afternoon Tea was very expensive:  $36.00 plus abt. $4.50 HST plus tip!  Pay with Canadian Money or Credit Card - not U.S. Currency. 
I rode the Delta Hotel Shuttle to the hotel,  checked into the hotel, left my suitcase in the room and caught the shuttle back to the airport.  I traveled via Skytrain to the Amtrak Train Station to meet my youngest son, Christopher.  Christopher's bus was about 20 minutes late as he was interrogated by Customs.  We rode the Skytrain and then the Shuttle to the hotel.
Christopher and I walked along the path caching until it just got too dark and cold to continue.  There was only a water puddle at the bridge underpass but later when we tried to return the area had been flooded by the rising tide.  We had to walk up the slope and scamper across a busy bridge onramp.  We had dinner at Pier 73.  Good night's sleep.

No comments: