Saturday, June 9, 2012

Wednesday, June 6, 2012 - Amtrak to Seattle

I caught the 8:45am Amtrak train traveling Business Class from Vancouver to Seattle, arriving at noon.  I caught the city bus to 3rd and Virginia.  I walked to my hotel, checked in, dropped my suitcase in my room and left quickly.  I walked a few blocks southeast to the Monorail.   I saw the documentary IMAX Film: "Mummies: Secrets of the Pharaohs" at the Pacific Science Center.  I got a cup of strawberry/cheesecake swirl ice cream at the cafe.

Afterwards I saw the Tutankhamun: The Golden King and the Great Pharaohs exhibition at Pacific Science Center.  The exhibit features more than 100 objects from King Tut's tomb and ancient sites representing some of the most important rulers throughout 2,000 years of ancient Egyptian history.  With more than twice the number of artifacts than the original Tut exhibit that I saw when it toured in the 1970s, many of these objects have never toured in the United States before this exhibit.  I enhanced my exhibit experience with an Audio Guide narrated by Harrison Ford.

I purchased food, drink and shortbread cookies at Starbucks and rode the monorail back.  I purchased batteries and a Hershey bar at the drug store.  When I returned to my hotel I noticed that "Shear Madness" was playing next door at The Moore Theater.  I was given a complimentary ticket so was able to see the show - third  row, center.  I had seen the play before - once at a theatre in Chicago and another time at the Kennedy Center in D.C.  I ate the Starbucks meal in my room while watching television.  I showered and was off to bed.  I had a good night's sleep.



No comments: