Friday, November 19, 2010

Trip to Turlock/Yosemite - Friday, November 12, 2010


I left Red Bluff quite early. I ate a bacon-egg-and cheese biscuit and small orange juice at 8:30AM at Willows. I got a muffin at the Dunnigan General Store at noon. I ate a Chicken Classic at McDonalds in Galt about 4:00PM. I arrived at my daughter Catherine's apartment in Turlock about 6:00PM. We visited and then went to Cool Hand Luke’s for dinner. Since I ate late at McDonalds I just had Cinnamon Roll Bread Pudding with Vanilla Ice Cream.

My most memorable cache of the day was located at the historic City Cemetery in Sacramento. Captain John A. Sutter established the cemetery in late 1849 with a ten-acre-gift to the city. In 1880 Margaret Crocker donated the final acreage on the hill. The highest point in this cemetery may also be the highest elevation in Sacramento, as well. During the flood of 1861, the cemetery served as a safe haven from high waters.

No comments: