Saturday, November 20, 2010

Trip to Turlock/Yosemite - Tuesday, November 16, 2010


I ate a bacon-egg-and cheese biscuit and small orange juice at 8:30AM at Willows. I ate tendercrisp chicken sandwich, diet coke and apple pie for lunch at Burger King in Shasta Lake about 2:15PM. I stayed the night at Motel 6–Yreka. I took the bedspread and the paper thin blanket off the bed and covered the bed with my unfolded sleeping bag to keep warm.

I found two caches: Willows Break and Woodson Bridge Caches. I did not find four caches including the I-5 Interstate Highway Challenge Cache. The tree had all of the lower branches cleanly cut off. I found a large white plastic spider in the grass and leaves under the tree. I took a flashlight and looked in the large circular drain but could not see anything. I came across an interesting sight in an olive grove this morning – a large green olive with a red straw diagonally through its center.

No comments: