Saturday, August 20, 2011

The Great Ice Age Floods - Thursday, August 11, 2011


Following breakfast at the Best Western in Walla Walla, we traveled southwest to Frenchtown Historic Site and the Two Sisters at Wallula Gap. Several of us hiked the less difficulty trail to the first viewpoint while others hiked the more difficult trails to the Two Sisters. We traveled east stopping at the Lewis and Clark Expedition Campsite of April 30, 1806 at Bold Creek (now Touchet River).

We had a delicious lunch at Weinhard Cafe in Dayton. The leaders were anxious to get underway so I took my brownie a la mode in a container onto the bus. We traveled north to Paloose Falls and then northeast to the Red Lion River Inn in Spokane. I lost my Parlor Suite for a lesser but still nice room. We had our last dinner as a group. I forgot to bring my Elderhostel Passport so I took a sticker to put in it when I returned home.

No comments: