Saturday, August 20, 2011

Missoula Ice Age Floods Strandlines - Friday, August 12, 2011


I had the buffet breakfast at the hotel. I drove along the Centennial Trail. I photographed the Treaty Tree and explored the grounds of Arbor Crest Winery. I visited Post Falls Park. I stopped at the Mullan Tree Site. I saw the monument but it was too hot to walk down the trail to read the signboards and see the historic tree. I saw the Old Mission of the Sacred Heart from the road. I stopped at the Train Depot and Courthouse in Wallace, Idaho.

I had a lovely Afternoon Tea at the Silver Tea Room however I did not care for the Pita Bread instead of White Bread Sandwiches. I saw the signboard about the Ice Age Floods at the Clark Fork River. The motels in Missoula, Mt were completely filled up. I drove about five miles to the Brook St. Motor Inn on the outskirts of Missoula. Nice room. Clean and reasonably priced. I shopped at Albertons for a deli sandwich, diet coke and Hershey Almond bar for dinner which I ate in my room watching television. I found three Virtuals, one EarthCache, one Benchmark and two Caches.

No comments: