Saturday, August 20, 2011

Trip to Spokane - Saturday, August 6, 2011


I headed north and then west on Hwy 26. After finding a geocache, I visited the nearby old hotel in Othello which was built during the winter of 1911 as a hotel-boarding house for the growing railroad community. The building is now Othello’s last remaining original railroad-associated structure. In 2000, the Old Hotel was placed on the Washington State Register of Historic Places. This was the most interesting cache of the day because I visited the Old Hotel.

I crossed the bridge over the Columbia River to Vantage. I purchased a one year Washington State Discover Pass. I saw the film: "Ginkgo: Trees of Stone" at the Ginkgo Petrified Forest Museum and looked briefly at the exhibits. Large bust of George in George. I turned east just past George onto I-90. I reached Moses Lake in mid afternoon and decided to press on as there was several hours of daylight still. It was a frantic search about 9:00PM for a motel. I found a room at Motel 6 near the Spokane Airport and had a Dominos Pizza delivered. I found 13 geocaches and DNF one cache as it was now a construction site.

No comments: