Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Confrontation


Early Tuesday morning I was traveling north on I-5 across the Interstate Bridge to Vancouver after shopping at Jantzen Beach. I took the Mill Plain exit meaning to travel west on Mill Plain. Instead I found myself in the left lane unable to more over. Well, since I ended up on Fourth Plain I thought why not travel west and turn left onto Main Street, stopping for a bite of "breakfast" at Starbucks.

I purchased a cinnamon breakfast roll. I sat down at a sidewalk table to eat my warmed up cinnamon roll and banana I had brought from home. Two men began arguing loudly about two motor bikes with For Sale signs that were parked in front of the doorway of the building next door.

Suddenly four police cars with lights flashing drove up, surrounding my car. When I finished eating and tiring of the drama I asked the policeman to move the police car so I could leave. Afterall I was in a 30 minute parking space and certainly did want to get a ticket!

No comments: