Saturday, September 17, 2011

"Savoring Seattle" - Day 5




On Wednesday, September 14th, we took the city bus to the Fremont District. We took a short walk to view some unique and very interesting public art. Unfortunately we did not see "The Fremont Troll" and the "The J.P. Patches Show". We took a tour of the Theo Chocolate Factory to learn about chocolate and have samples. We had lunch at Jai Thai. After lunch the group returned to the hotel.


Ellie S. and I stayed on the bus until Marshall Street. We walked down the hill to catch the ferry to Bainbridge Island. It is an easy, scenic 35-minute ferry ride. I wandered through the town which was charming despite the road construction. I had lemon and raspberry sorbet in a cup at Mora Iced Creamery.


I barely caught the ferry back, walked along the waterfront until I got to the Pike Street Streetcar shelter. I rode the parking structure elevator to the 6th floor, crossed the street and took the Pike Place Market elevator to the upper level. I purchased a bistro box lunch and shortbread cookies at Starbucks. Back at the hotel I ate my light dinner and watched television. My roommate saw a play at the ACT Theater and did not return to the hotel room until late.

No comments: