Saturday, September 17, 2011

'Savoring Seattle" - Day 2


On Sunday, September 11th, I checked out of The Moore hotel about 10:45am and walked the half dozen or so blocks to the Red Lion Hotel on Fifth Avenue. My room was not ready so I had lunch at Nordstrom Cafe at 11:30. My room was ready when I returned. I said that I did not want a room next to the elevators. Well, the room was not next to the six elevators but across from the elevators! I was settled in my room before I realized how noisy it was.

I walked to Pike Place Market where I purchased two bunches of flowers. As I was walking back to the hotel I saw 1970's pop culture icon Danny Bonaduce at 3rd & Pike. I would not have noticed him but a girl called out his name and then joined him.

I got two vases from housekeeping. I put one floral arrangement on the bathroom counter and the other on the bedroom desk. I rested until 4:00pm. I went down to the 3rd floor meeting room to pick up my name tag and welcome packet from the group leader, Carol Barton. This will be my tenth Seattle program. I met my roommate, BJ. We had a hosted reception at 5:00pm, a discussion of the week's agenda at 5:30pm and dinner at 6:00pm in the meeting room. After dinner there were introductions. We saw a short video "Seattle Beat".

No comments: