Saturday, September 17, 2011

"Savoring Seattle" - Day 7


After breakfast on Friday, September 16th, most of the group traveled to the waterfront by Metro bus and took the Water taxi to West Seattle and back. I chose to relax in my room, pack my suitcase and watch "You've Got Mail"...directed by Nora Ephron and starring Tom Hanks, Meg Ryan, Greg Kinnear.

I walked a couple blocks to catch the monorail to Seattle Center. I rode the 604-foot Space Needle to the top where I spent quite some time looking at the city below. The Space Needle (1962) was a modernistic totem of “Century 21 Exposition,” also known as the “Seattle World’s Fair". I attended the fair on the day of the filming of a scene in "It Happened At The World’s Fair" (1963) starring Elvis Presley. The Space Needle is an "historic landmark".


I walked to the street corner near Seattle Rep and caught the city bus to Fremont. I had lunch at Starbuck. I visited Groundspeak Headquarters at 2:00pm at their new location. I placed five Travel Bugs in the large chest. Nicole greeted me and we had a short chat.


I caught the city bus back to Seattle Center, rode the Monorail and walked a couple blocks back to the hotel to retrieve my suitcase. I caught a city bus to the King Street train station where I got on the 5:30 train south. Once again I rode Business Class but spent quite a bit of the time in the dining car talking to a woman who was also traveling to Vancouver. I was back in Vancouver before 9:00pm.

No comments: