Friday, November 16, 2007

Miami Book Fair International - Day 3


November 5 – I woke about 7:00am, dressed and went across the street to Tapas & Tintos for a complimentary breakfast. About 11:00am I had a late breakfast at McDonalds. I walked north to Benchmark: AC2263 at the base of a flagpole. I used the computer at the library to check my e-mails. I did not find Benchmark: AC2262 even though I looked all over the top of a sewer pumping station.

I caught a bus to the south end of South Beach. I could not find any of the benchmarks! I had a tangerine and pineapple sorbet at Dolce Vita Gelato. I rode the shuttle to 11th & Alton Road. I walked a couple blocks to 11th & Lenox Avenue at Flamingo Park--Benchmark: AC2261. I walked east on 11th to Benchmark: AC2259. I walked back to my hotel room.

I rode the “C” bus to MDCC campus where I had a crispy chicken sandwich at McDonalds about 6:30pm. "An Evening with Robert Pinsky" was held at 7:30pm in Chapman (Bldg. 3, 2nd Floor). He talked about his new book of poetry, “Gulf Music”. Afterwards I rode the Metromover to OMNI station and then caught a “C” bus to South Beach.

No comments: