Saturday, November 17, 2007

Miami Book Fair International - Day 5


Wednesday, November 7 - I woke about 7:00am, and went across the street to Tapas & Tintos for a complimentary breakfast of green tea and pastry. I also ate a banana that I had bought at a store. I purchased a bottle of water about 9:20am. I rode the “C” bus and OMNI Metromover to College North. I got a bacon, egg & cheese biscuit at McDonalds. I went across Biscayne Blvd. to Bayside Marketplace where I got the coordinates for the carousel. I took the Metromover to Government Center. I caught the Metrorail south to Douglas Station.

I rode the trolley to the Village at Merrick Place. I looked at the jewelry in Nordstrom and had a yogurt parfait in their E-Café. I took the trolley, Metrorail, and then the bus #56 to the Mediterranean-style Biltmore Hotel located in the heart of Coral Gables. I had Champagne Afternoon Tea under the vaulted ceiling of the hotel's magnificent lobby. The server informed me that I had seventeen teas to choose from. I choose my favorite Earl Grey. The first course was a half-dozen tea sandwiches paired with fresh fruit. A guitarist strummed his guitar in front of the nearby fireplace. I had a warm scone with clotted cream and jam, and a ragulah. The last course was an assortment of small pastries (see photo).

I rode bus #56 back to the station where I took the Metrorail back to Government Center. I rode the Metromover to college station. I got a fudge sundae at McDonalds. “An Evening with Richard Russo” was held at 7:30pm at Chapman (Bldg. 3, 2nd floor). He talked about his most recent book, “Bridge of Sighs”. I asked him questions about his creative process at the Q&A. I purchased fruit & cheese plate, drink and shortbread cookies at Starbucks. I rode the Metromover and “C” bus to hotel. I ate dinner while watching the television.

No comments: