Sunday, November 18, 2007

Miami Book Fair International - Day 7


Friday, November 9 -- I went across the street to Tapas & Tintos for a complimentary breakfast of green tea and pineapple pastry and mini palmiers. I caught the “C” bus to OMNI Metromover station. I got a couple good photos of the Flagler Memorial from the bus window. At OMNI station I rode the Metromover to Miami Dade Community College (MDCC).

I visited the colorful red, green, yellow, and blue book booths where more than 200 exhibitors and publishers sold thousands of books to thousands of people. I purchased “The Everglades River of Grass” by Marjory Stoneman Douglas. An impressive lineup of approximately 300 authors will be participating in lectures, panel discussions and book signings on Saturday and Sunday.

I had lunch of BBQ chicken, beans and rice. I went to the presentation of “Book, Script and Action” but was soon deeply bored. They missed the point of the discussion plus it was in French which had to be translated.

I wandered through the three tent exhibits in the International Village. There were a lot more exhibitors two years ago. I purchased a fruit & walnut salad at McDonalds.

“An Evening with Caroline Kennedy” was held at 7:30pm in Chapman. Unlike Jenna Bush there was standing room only. She talked about her book "A Family Christmas". Afterwards I purchased fruit & cheese plate, drink and shortbread cookies at Starbucks at Bayside Marketplace. I caught the “C” bus to South Beach. I ate dinner while I watched television.

No comments: