Saturday, November 17, 2007

Miami Book Fair International - Day 6


Thursday, November 8 -- I woke about 7:00am, and went across the street to Tapas & Tintos for a complimentary breakfast of green tea and pastry. I purchased bottled water. I rode the “C” bus, Metromover, Metrorail and bus #252 to the Miami Metrozoo. It seemed to take forever to get there! I should have rented a safari cycle near the zoo entrance as there was just too much walking in the hot sun. I only saw the Asian Exhibits where I watched the tigers being fed meat (see photo) and neither the Australian Exhibits nor the African Exhibits. I had a chicken croissant for lunch. I saw the short Wildlife Show. I caught the bus and Metrorail back to Government Center.

I checked my e-mails at the Miami Library. I got a crispy chicken sandwich and fudge sundae at McDonalds. “An Evening With Nikki Giovanni” was held at 7:30pm at Chapman (Bldg. 3, 2nd Floor). She talked about her most recent book, "Acolytes". She spoke out against Bill Cosby who stresses the importance of education, respect, and proper parenting. I purchased fruit & cheese plate, drink and shortbread cookies at Starbucks. I caught the “C” bus to South Beach. I ate dinner while I watched the news on television.

1 comment:

Valentina said...

The writer understand better the mind of people what they want to learn through their writing therefore this article is outstanding. Thanks!!!
https://www.tastefulspace.com/blog/2019/03/23/best-cheap-things-to-do-in-miami-fl/