Monday, September 3, 2012

Geocoin Challenges along Highway 26/35 - Saturday, Sept. 1, 2012

This summer my daughter, Catherine, and I did several Geocoin Challenges: July 13 - Sandy Area Chamber of Commerce; July 23 - Government Camp, Oregon; July 28 - Newberg Old Fashioned Festival; July 29 - North Clackamas; and August 2 - Clackamas County (Heritage).  I did the Oregon's Adventure Coast Geocoin Challenge on August 5.

Recently I drove my son, Christopher, around so he could earn the North Clackamas and Clackamas County (Heritage) Geocoins.  

On Saturday, September 1, my daughter, Catherine, my son, Christopher, and I went geocaching along Highway 26 to Highway 35.  We found the caches for the 2012 Villages of Mt. Hood Geocoin Challenge.  I found three benchmarks on the Salmon River Bridge but it turned out that I had already recorded the finds in July 2009!
We stopped in Government Camp about 1:45pm to have lunch at the Ice Axe Grill.  We sat at a table on the patio.  Catherine was sitting in the sun with Christopher and I sitting on separate benches in the shade.  The wind was a bit nippy.  Catherine traded places with me so I could be warm.

Catherine and I had already found the caches for the 2012 Mt. Hood/Government Camp Geocoin Challenge so we drove to the various cache locations so Christopher could earn his geocoin.



We completed all of the caches by 4:15pm and headed west to Government Camp where Christopher picked up his geocoin at the Mt. Hood Cultural Center & Musuem.  We drove to Welches where we picked up our glass geocoins at the All Seasons Property Management.  We got there in the nick of time just before 5:00pm.

All in all it was a beautiful day.  After the mist burned off the in the morning the temperature was perfect for geocaching.   

No comments: